Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Speculation Tuesday Doesn't Have Much to Speculate About

To be perfectly honest, I don't have entirely too much to speculate about. Let's look at it this way:

- We've got all the recruits we're going to get for next year
- Blake Jolivette is benched for the foreseeable future; we know why he's benched, and the only way we'll know when he's out of the doghouse is when he actually gets called up in a game.
- Mike Bersch's benching has also been widely confirmed as a lack of physicality in play
- The lineup isn't going to shift anytime soon with Lumpkins back to his dominant earlier season self and Riley becoming a shadow of the player he was earlier this season
- Hendra and Vlad have been consistent recently
- No other bench player has really made a push recently to make it into the starting five

So, wow. I guess I could speculate about whether or not we'll win against Navy tomorrow, but that's what the Navy preview will be for.


So here's your Speculation Tuesday question. Will the AU women's basketball team go undefeated in PL play? It boggles the mind.

I'm sorry for the lack of Speculation today, but I feel I have clearly outlined where this dearth comes from. As a consolation prize, please take the following links:

Yahoo's most recent team report for the Eagles

A video featuring Derrick Mercer and Jordan Nichols

We'll see you tomorrow with a Navy preview!

Pro deo et patria and GO EAGLES!

2 comments:

  1. Questions for tonight.

    Can we get out first two game winning steak at the 21 game mark? (I hope)

    Can we continue our PL wining strak at home?

    What are our chances of hosting a playoff game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two are tied together. I'll leave Josh to answer that in the preview, but if we can keep Chris Harris under 20 points, I give us a good chance of winning this game.

    I'll answer your third question after tonight. If we can go 7-7 (go 6-1 at home and 1-6 on the road) I think that would be good enough to get a 4th place finish in the PL and host a game.

    ReplyDelete