Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bryce Simon Leaving Director of Basketball Operations Position

It's a sad day for us here at AUHoops as we announce the departure of Director of Basketball Operations and AU alumnus Bryce Simon.


Simon's name was removed from the roster two weeks ago when Jeff Holton's was (due to transfer).

I was able to get in contact with Bryce who said, "It just had to do with me moving back home and being closer to my family. The 3 years at AU were 3 amazing years and years that I would never trade for anything, but it had just come time for me to come back home. I will always be thankful to Coach Jones for many opportunities he gave me on and off the basketball court."

Still waiting on comment from AU Athletics, but I suspect that they will, rightly, only have praise to heap on Bryce.

Bryce started 31 games as a junior before leaving with a knee injury in the 2008 PL semifinal against Army. In that season he averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds a game and recorded a healthy 37% from behind the arc. Making the most of an unfortunate situation, he coached his teammates while injured, and his aptitude in doing so no doubt made Jeff Jones's decision to bring him onto the coaching staff easy once a vacancy opened up with Eddie Jackson moving up to Assistant Coach.

I hope and suspect we'll be hearing more from Bryce here at AUHoops.com. All the best to you, thank you for your passion as a player and dedication as a coach. Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.

Pro deo et patria and GO EAGLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment