Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Results of the AUHoops Tourney Challenge!

That's right. I'm back. It's the off-season and I'm STILL giving you two entries tonight. How's THAT for dedication?

I'm here tonight to let you know the results of the AU Hoops tourney challenge!

Longtime reader and supporter Lisa, the only person who correctly picked Duke as the tourney champion, came from midway down the standings to claim first place with an impressive 103 points on 34 correct picks! Lisa, your bold pick of America's least favorite team has earned you a regulation sized basketball signed by one of your favorite AU Eagles!

See? I told you there would be a fabulous prize for winning this thing, but nooooo everyone thought I was going to give you a Z Burger token and a high five. This ain't no two-bit circus blog, kids, we're the real deal. Sometimes.

Also a longtime reader and supporter, SquirrelBoy picked up second place. Now, I have to say, SB, I'm a little pissed because you edged me out of second place by one point, but I had six, COUNT THEM, six more correct picks than you did. Damn. In any event, you will also get a prize. I don't know what it will be yet, but I'll find you something nice and AU basketball related. Like a hug from Jeff Jones or the chance to mix up the team's Gatorade for a pre-season game. Mm, lemon lime!

To the other 14 of you who participated, maybe seeing the excellent prizes that those who finished above you were awarded will prompt you to PICK MORE GAMES CORRECTLY NEXT YEAR. If that's not a motivator, I don't know what it is. The early bird gets the hug from Jeff Jones, that's what my RA always told me.

Oh, Carl, since you finished last, I'm going to find you something especially nice. Like a Holy Cross t-shirt or something.

Seriously though, thanks everyone for participating, this was a lot of fun, and I hope we'll be able to do it again next year. I can't see any reason we couldn't, except that we'll have to pick for a 96 team tourney. Can't wait!

Pro deo et patria and GO EAGLES!

3 comments:

  1. Why thank you B^3. I have to say, I was worried sitting near the bottom after the first weekend of the tourney. I didn't want to completely embarrass myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post the final standings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, let me make sure no one has any reservations about their name being put out on the site though. Give me a day or two to check on that

    ReplyDelete