Monday, March 22, 2010

Poll of the Week Recap Begrudgingly Admits the Hill Pigeons Played Well

Wellllll helllooooo AUHoops fans! Sorry I've been so MIA, I just got back from a vacation, and last week I was working hard so that I could actually go on vacation. But now I'm back and playing catch-up. I want to thank the 16 of you who are participating in the AUHoops bracket challenge. I'll be posting an update tomorrow of how it's going, but for now let me just say the field is wiiiiiide open. Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about our latest poll of the week regarding the Lehigh Hill Pigeons and their matchup with the now similarly extinct Kansas Choking Birds. Join me after the jump and we'll talk!


So our question last week was "What do you think about the LU-KU matchup?" Here were the results:
- Upset in the making - 1 - 3%
- Jayhawks by 30+ - 14 - 45%
- Jayhawks by 10-30 - 16 - 51%
- Jayhawks by < 10 - 0 - 0%

Turns out, per usual, the readers on this site were right again. The final score of the LU-KU matchup was 90-74. Here's the box score, and the recap. Lehigh, admittedly, played about as good of a game as they could've against a vastly superior opponent. They were within single digits for the most part and hung around for about 30 minutes. Kansas seemed to be pretty surprised given a lot of the quotes from that recap.

McCollum, arrogant little Urkel-lookalike that he is, tied Marcus Morris for the game-high score with 26. He did it on a ridiculous 7-21 shooting from the field and 2-8 from behind the arc though. He and Zahir Carrington combined for an ugly 14-36 from the field. I mean, they had Cole Aldrich to deal with in the paint, but that's still a lot of shots.

Anyway, the Hill Pigeons are out, and with their exit, so ends PL basketball for the 2009-10 season. Things should be much more competitive next year, but we've got all winter to talk about it.

In the comments...did you see the game? What were your impressions? Who are you pulling for in the tourney now?

Pro deo et patria and GO EAGLES!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't go to McCollum's head. Oh, what nonsense, it already has.

    The Kobe Bryant of the Patriot League, that one is. I will relish watching him lose to us next season, and I will be waving two fingers in the air the entire time yelling "no two-peat, no two-peat."

    CJ McCollum makes Holy Cross look like a class act...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lehigh was letting fly with some ridiculous shots early in the game. McCollum completely lacked poise. Lehigh played an immature game. It was Carrington and Knutson that kept them in the game so long, on both ends of the court. Finally, when the game was no longer serious, McCollum got some points. A respectable final score for the PL.

    ReplyDelete