Sunday, October 25, 2009

Submit Your Questions for Patriot League Media Day!

Thanks to our friends over at AU Athletics, I will be attending the Patriot League's Media Day this Thursday! I'll livetweet a little bit from there, take some pictures, and ask some questions, and then I'll let all you loyal readers know what I dig up about not only our Eagles but the other Patriot League teams.

This is your chance! Leave questions you want me to ask in the comments (either on this post or subsequent posts) and I will do my best to ask them if they're appropriate! Alternatively, you can e-mail me at AUHoopsBlog@gmail.com if you're uncomfortable with leaving a comment here.

I really am hoping you will help me to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, so be sure to send in your questions!

On a different topic, I want to touch on a group of people who mean a lot to me and should mean a lot to you, too. Though they are often taken for granted, the Screamin' Eagles Pep Band does an exceptional job, not just for AU basketball (though especially for AU basketball) but for all of AU athletics. Today band members positioned themselves (before sunrise!) at the 25th mile of the 34th Annual Marine Corps Marathon and shouted encouragement and played music for the marathon runners. As someone who used to run cross-country, I can tell you that the encouragement they offered was deeply appreciated by the runners on that course. I'd be surprised if they receive much fanfare from AU for what they did today, because they don't get the fanfare that's due to them for the job that they do, but that's just the kind of people who comprise the band: hardworking, passionate, fiercely loyal to the athletic teams they play for (often when they're the only people in the audience), and fun. Next time you see them at a game in their jerseys, be sure to tip your caps to them. They'll appreciate it more than you know.

Pictures from today:





Thank you, Pep Band, you guys are the best.

E-MAIL ME YOUR QUESTIONS!

Pro deo et patria and GO EAGLES!

4 comments:

  1. where can we see the livetweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about that, AU Basketball Central's Twitter handle is @auhoops

    Be sure to follow us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Great News Bill!!! For those of you who do not know the twitter account is @AUhoops.

    I was looking at the combined schedule on the Patriot League's website and it is disappointing that of the MASN Patriot League games none features the AU Eagles. I know that getting to Annapolis can be hard, so one would think that they should send a video crew out to Alumni Hall. Sigh.

    http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-baskbl/sched/patr-m-baskbl-sched-full.html


    Ah the Screaming Eagles Pep Band the voice and musical accouterment of AU Athletics. They rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A question I would like answered is which returning Eagles (besides Hendra and Lumpkins) does JJones see stepping up into prominent roles this season? Also, does he expect to play with a smaller lineup (i.e. more guards) than he traditionally has? A Villanova style alignment so to speak...

    ReplyDelete