Sunday, July 25, 2010

Despicable Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Steals Blue Crew's Slogan

Much maligned Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has committed yet another offense to fans in the District of Columbia. For once, Redskins fans (well, some AU fans may be foolish enough to pull for the 'Skins, but I'm not one of them) are not the ones being offended, no indeed, it is we, the loyal Blue Crew of American University.

Witness exhibit A, the back of a Blue Crew shirt circa 2006:



Now witness exhibits B and C, snapshots of an ad I saw when I was on Metro earlier this week:



If I'm AU Athletics, I'm calling General Counsel tomorrow morning to have them have a little chat with the folks over at FedEx field. If the "conversation" goes well enough, I see a brand new arena in our future.

Pro Deo Et Patria and GO EAGLES!

4 comments:

  1. Any reason we got rid of the slogan? I like my "Are You In?" Blue Crew shirt a lot better than my "Bender World Tour" BC shirt. It's looks a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still the slogan - it says it at the bottom of the Bender World Tour design. I'm not a fan either, I hope they change it back to the original soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to all our 10 year old Blue Crew members, please avert your eyes from comment number 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pity the 10 year old that comes within earshot of Coach Jones if we're playing poorly...

    ReplyDelete